Striped bass are thrilling to hook, delicious to dine on, and make stunning wall mounts. Their powerful fight on the line and succulent, white flesh have made striped bass a favorite among sport fishermen and gourmets.
Distinguished by their silvery bodies and bold dark stripes, striped bass are renowned for their unique appearance. We preserve this beauty in our meticulously crafted full mounts, capturing the essence of your catch.
At New Wave Taxidermy, we craft world-class striped bass mounts. Each receives a personalized paint job to recreate your memorable fish faithfully.
Our goal is to turn your fishing triumph into a one-of-a-kind trophy, reflecting the spirit of your catch. Every mount is hand-crafted and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
With over 40 years of experience, we’ve earned prestigious awards for our fiberglass fish replicas. Explore our gallery and complete the form for a free estimate.
Your Striped Bass mount is a testament to your angling prowess and a work of art that captures the thrill of the catch.
Striped bass, affectionately known as Stripers, are true dual citizens of the aquatic world, equally at home in the ocean’s briny depths and the freshwater embrace of rivers. Their life journey begins in freshwater rivers, where they spawn. As they mature, they venture into the vast expanse of the coastal ocean, creating a fascinating tale of migration and adaptation.
These remarkable fish have a precise temperature preference, seeking a sweet spot between 55°F and 65°F. To stay in this temperature comfort zone, they annually embark on a breathtaking migration, showcasing their dedication to the cooler waters they crave.
Over half of the Striped Bass found in the market are products of aquaculture operations right here in the United States. Their delectable flavor has become a sought-after culinary delight, driving their widespread popularity and commercial success.
Striped Bass Fun Facts:
- Striped bass have earned the title of state fish in Maryland, Rhode Island, and South Carolina. They’re also the official saltwater fish of New York, New Jersey, and New Hampshire.
- Atlantic striped bass use various aliases, including striper, linesider, and rockfish.
- The world record for a Striped Bass catch stands at 81 pounds and 12 ounces, a true behemoth of the ocean.
- These incredible fish can boast impressive lifespans, with some individuals reaching the ripe age of 30 and the record-holder clocking in at 31 years.
- Their mastery of turbulent waters makes them agile and voracious hunters. Anything caught in their aquatic whirlwind becomes a delectable meal for these coastal connoisseurs.
- Striped bass engage in annual migrations that can cover hundreds of miles, making them some of the world’s most well-traveled fish species.
Interested in a free quote?
Fill out the form below and if possible include a picture of your fish. If you have any specific details or any questions at all please contact us during our regular business hours listed below.