Peacock bass, also known as pavon, are a beloved freshwater game fish that attract anglers from all over the world. Their aggressive behavior and striking appearance make them a highly sought-after trophy catch that provides a thrilling challenge for even the most experienced fishermen.
These fish are native to South America and were introduced to other parts of the world for sport fishing, including the United States, where they can be found in the lakes and rivers of Florida, Texas, and Hawaii.
At New Wave Taxidermy, we specialize in creating handcrafted and custom painted mounts of peacock bass that capture the unique features and personality of each individual fish. We use only the highest quality materials and techniques to ensure that each mount is a work of art that you can proudly display in your home or office.
We understand that catching a peacock bass is a special moment that deserves to be commemorated in a unique and lasting way. That’s why we offer a wide range of customization options, including different poses, bases, and even adding personalized touches like inscriptions and plaques.
We take great pride in our work and are dedicated to providing our clients with the finest peacock bass mounts in the world. Browse our gallery below to see examples of our past projects and get inspired for your own one-of-a-kind trophy.
Contact us today to get started on creating a stunning peacock bass mount that will be a cherished reminder of your unforgettable day on the water.
Peacock Bass Information
Peacock bass are a freshwater fish species native to South America, primarily found in the Amazon River basin. They were introduced to Florida in the 1980s and have since become a popular game fish for anglers.
Peacock bass are known for their aggressive behavior and hard fights, making them a challenging and exciting catch for fishermen. They are also highly prized for their striking appearance, with their distinctively colored and patterned bodies.
These fish are typically found in clear, shallow waters with plenty of structure, such as fallen trees and rocky areas. Peacock bass are carnivorous and feed on a variety of prey, including fish, insects, and crustaceans.
Anglers targeting peacock bass often use lures and live bait, with common bait including shiners, worms, and small fish.
Interesting Facts About Peacock Bass:
- There are several species of peacock bass, including the butterfly peacock, the speckled peacock, and the temensis peacock.
- Peacock bass are not actually a type of bass, but rather a type of cichlid.
- The largest peacock bass ever caught weighed over 28 pounds and was caught in Brazil.
- Peacock bass are often referred to as the “freshwater bullies” due to their aggressive behavior and territorial tendencies.
- Male peacock bass are known for their elaborate courtship displays, which involve flashing their bright colors and attacking other males to establish dominance.
- Peacock bass have been introduced to other parts of the world, including Hawaii, where they are considered an invasive species.
Interested in a free quote?
Fill out the form below and if possible include a picture of your fish. If you have any specific details or any questions at all please contact us during our regular business hours listed below.