New Wave Taxidermy can craft you a mutton snapper mount that you will cherish for a lifetime. These fish are common in Florida, well known for their excellent flavor, and fun to catch. They also look incredible on the wall!
Like all of our mounts, our mutton snapper are custom hand-crafted to each anglers photos and specifications. Museum-quality and incredibly lifelike, our mutton snapper mounts are literally one-of-a-kind pieces of art that are built to last.
At New Wave Taxidermy our goal is to create that work of art, to immortalize that memory, and to remind you of the one that didn’t get away.
Great skill, quite a bit of time, and whole lot of effort go into all of our fish. We use the finest materials, we take our time, and we build mounts that are unmatched, period.
If you have any questions about our mutton or any of our fish mounts please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can reach us by phone or through one of the various contact forms we have throughout the site.
Mutton Snapper Information
The Mutton snapper (Lutjanus analis) is a species of snapper native to the western Atlantic Ocean. They are found from North Carolina to Brazil, including the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea.
Mutton snapper are considered excellent table fare and are a popular target for both recreational fishermen and commercial fisheries.
They are typically found around reefs, ledges, and shipwrecks in depths of 75-300 feet. Mutton snappers are omnivorous, feeding on a variety of small fish, crustaceans, and mollusks.
Anglers targeting mutton snapper generally use live bait or cut bait fished on or near the bottom. Common baits include squid, goggle eye, and pilchards.
Interesting Facts About Mutton Snapper
- The IGFA world record mutton snapper weighed in at 30 pounds, 4 ounces, and was caught off the in the Dry Tortugas.
- Mutton snapper spawn at the same time and generally the same place during the lunar calendar every year.
- They take on slightly different colorations based on dietary habits. A good example of this would be the dark barred pattern it takes on by being a bottom feeder.
- In some parts of the world, mutton are considered near threatened due to overfishing. They aren’t quite there yet in Florida, however, and are highly sought after by both rod and reel as well as spear fishermen.
- Mutton snapper mounts look incredible on the wall!
Interested in a free quote?
Fill out the form below and if possible include a picture of your fish. If you have any specific details or any questions at all please contact us during our regular business hours listed below.