Dolphin Mounts by New Wave Taxidermy
Dolphin, also known as mahi mahi or dorado, are one of the most sought after fish in the ocean. Not only are they fun to catch but they are incredibly tasty and look fantastic as a wall mount.
Easily discernible from other saltwater fish, dolphin are well known for their dazzling yellow, green and blue coloration. Their coloration fades quickly after death, however, changing to a muted yellow-gray that looks nothing like it did in the ocean.
We create full mounts of both bull dolphin and cow dolphin alike. All of our mounts receive a custom paint job with the primary focus of recreating the fish you actually caught.
New Wave wants to create a fishing trophy that’s unique and reminds you of that particular day on the water and that particular fish you caught. Our primary goal is to create a fish that you will cherish for a lifetime.
At New Wave Taxidermy each and every fish is hand-crafted and custom painted. All fish also come with a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist.
We’ve been creating fiberglass fish replicas for more than 40 years for anglers around the globe. We’ve even picked up a few prestigious awards for our craftsmanship along the way.
Please take a moment to browse our gallery below, then fill out the form below that and get your free estimate.
Dolphin are as beautiful as they are delicious. They look absolutely incredible as a wall mount and are a highly sought after trophy fish.
Around the world, dolphin have mostly been caught as a byproduct of tuna and swordfish commercial fisherman. The United States and Caribbean countries have been the largest consumers of these fish historically but interest is growing everywhere.
Interesting Facts About Dolphin
- Dolphin go by many names include mahi mahi and dorado. Scientifically they are known as coryphaena hippurus.
- They are a surface-dwelling fish found in subtropical waters around the world.
- They are a fast-growing fish become mature around 4-5 months.
- They are fast-swimming fish as well. They are capable of reaching speeds of nearly 60mph!
- Bull dolphin have a very prominent forehead while cow dolphin have a rounded head.
- They eat flying fish, crabs, squid, and other small fish.
- Dolphin live up to 5 years and can weigh around 30 lbs full grown.
- According to the international game fish association, the world record dolphin was caught in Costa Rica and weighed 87lbs.
Interested in a free quote?
Fill out the form below and if possible include a picture of your fish. If you have any specific details or any questions at all please contact us during our regular business hours listed below.