Blue Marlin Mounts by New Wave Taxidermy
Over the years we’ve crafted many replicas of trophy blue marlin. They look incredible on the wall and are found in business establishments just as often as they are in angler’s homes due to their size.
Catching a trophy marlin is a once in a lifetime event for most people. It’s certainly worth it to consider having a wall mount created. Not everyone has room for such a beast of a fish however, which is why we also offer blue marlin tail and head mounts as well.
At New Wave Taxidermy each and every fish is hand-crafted to our clients photos and specifications. Our goal is to create a replica mount of the actual fish you caught.
All of our mounted fish are incredibly lifelike, one of a kind, and come with a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist.
We hate using the term “you get what you pay for” because it insinuates that our mounts are more expensive and that deters some people. But you get what you pay for, and we make the best blue marlin mounts that money can buy.
For more than 40 years we’ve been creating replicas of trophy marlin for people around the globe. The only thing better than putting the finishing touches on a big project like a marlin is hearing back from our clients how happy they are.
We love what we do and it does make a difference.
Please take a moment to browse our gallery below, then fill out the form below that and get your free estimate.
Blue Marlin Information
The blue marlin is one of the largest fish in the world. A battle with one of these fish is certain to leave lasting memories and is well worthy of having mounted.
There are two main species of blue marlin, the Atlantic and the Pacific. Those found in the Indian Ocean are referred to as Indo-Pacfic Blue Marlin. Oddly enough however, they will travel across entire ocean basins and even into other oceans. It’s entirely possible to find Atlantic blue marlin in the Indian Ocean.
Interesting Facts About Blue Marlin
- They begin their lives as tiny larvae, perhaps a few millimeters long. They will reach lengths of over 16 feet, however, and weigh up to 1800 pounds.
- All big blue marlin are female, as they grow up to four times larger than males.
- They live in the temperate regions of all oceans except the arctic, swimming along warm ocean currents for hundreds, sometimes thousands of miles.
- Though ‘accidentally’ catching them has reduced their numbers considerably, blue marlin aren’t generally targeted for commercial fishing,
- Females have been known to live up to 27 years of age, with the oldest male only living 18 years.
- The only predators they face are large sharks like the mako and great white.
- The Atlantic blue marlin IGFA record is 1,402 pounds, caught in Vitoria, Brazil, in 1992 by Paolo Amorim.
- The Pacific blue marlin IGFA record is 1,376 pounds, caught in Kona, Hawaii, in 1982 by Jay de Beaubien.
Interested in a free quote?
Fill out the form below and if possible include a picture of your fish. If you have any specific details or any questions at all please contact us during our regular business hours listed below.